WHAT DO U WANT TO SEE MOAR OF

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Job Interview

I won't go on a huge rant like I did yesterday, I've got a job interview today so hence me prepping myself and not promoting my new blog.

I am however thinking about what I will blog in the following days, I know I talked about my dope-ass storage and linked a dvd ripping program (I didn't upload it, I just found it), so thinking I'll talk about tech-savy stuffs.

I love my computer, I'd hug it if it weren't so dusty. It's my guinea pig. I build it in January 2009, my first pc build.

Spec:
AMD Phemon 9550 2.2Ghz Quad Core
Gigabyte 790MX Motherboard - This died :(
Team Dark 1066mhz 2x2GB RAM
2 x 500GB Samsung HDDs 7200RPM
Asus 4850 512MB Graphics card
Cooler Master 650W PSU
Cooler Master Centurion Case
Vista 32bit Home Premium


That was my initial build. Since then I have slotted extra hard drives, added moar rams, changed OS. Every Time a change was made it would've been throughly researched and weighted up the Pros and Cons.

When my PC was bottlenecking the first idea I had was faster OS and more ram, as i loved alt tabbing out of games. Then I saw Solid State Drives... these were the bomb, but expensive.

The changes I made to my build include the following:

64 GB Solid State Drive for OS and some games (BFBC2)
Extra 1.5TB HDD (internal)
Windows 7 Home premium 64bit
Another 4GB of ram

Since the fresh install, I defrag and optimize my SSD weekly (fragments quickly), use CCleaner every few days to clean up space and clear registry.

Now I NEVER have any bottlenecks with my computer. I love it. I love being a nerd enjoying everything I config, then I see my sister and mum with their laptops (over a year and a few months old respectively) and they are complaining that they're going slow, internet dc's yada yada yada. I just get some milk and walk away with a grin on my face.

Problem, family?

3 comments: